Discover the value of becoming a member of SCT
General Information & Members Benefits
- The SCT membership year runs from January 1 - December 31.
- New members will start receiving a hard copy of the Journal when they join. Membership includes online access to archived journals.
- New members who join October 1 - December 31 will receive member benefits through December 31 of the following year.
- When a membership application is processed, members will be notified via e-mail of their access credentials to the Members-Only Area of www.sctweb.org.
- Renewal for the SCT membership year will be payable at the end of each membership year for the new year.
- Members can renew dues online on the Members-Only Area (login required)
- Prospective members and renewing members can also join/renew when registering for the Annual Meeting (registration usually opens in January).
- The non-member registration fee includes membership through 12/31.
- A subscription to Clinical Trials: Journal of the Society for Clinical Trials, a bimonthly peer-reviewed journal containing manuscripts addressing the design, methods and analysis of prospective followup studies with emphasis on controlled clinical trials. All members have online access to the Journal. Some membership categories may include printed, mailed subscription (see below for membership category distinctions).
- A semi-annual newsletter featuring news from and about SCT and Society Members.
- Reduced registration fees for the annual meeting. Membership is based on calendar year.
- Opportunity to participate in the SCT webinar series, featuring renowned speakers addressing a variety of practical recommendations on clinical trial design, conduct and analysis.
- Access to the slides and recordings of the SCT webinar series.
- Access to the Members-Only Area of www.sctweb.org, including directory of members, webinar recordings and videos and presentations from previous SCT Annual Meetings.
Categories & FeesSCT is a professional society open to professionals from academia, government and private industry, who are behavioral scientists, bioethicists, biostatisticians, clinical coordinators, computer scientists, data managers, epidemiologists, nurses, pharmacologists and physicians.
- Full ($170) - Individuals employed in the field of designing, conducting or analyzing clinical trials. When joining (or renewing), Full Members may OPT OUT of receiving hard copy mailings of the Journal (and receive online access only). There is no discount for opting out of receiving the printed version of the Journal.
- Student ($50) - Individuals enrolled in a degree program of an accredited college or university, or post-doctoral fellows. NOTE: Applications for the Student category of membership (and subsequent annual renewals) must be accompanied by proof of student status before membership can be activated or renewed. Acceptable forms of student verification include copy of student ID, letter from your school, or your class list
- Post Graduate ($60) - Individuals who have just graduated. Applicants can only select this category of membership for one year immediately after receipt of a degree. Applicants must provide a copy of degree before membership can be activated.
- Emeritus ($60) - For retired or unemployed members. Does not include a hard copy subscription to the Journal, but does include online access.
- Emeritus Plus- ($110) - For retired or unemployed members who wish to receive the printed Journal (in addition to the online access).
- Developing Countries ($85) - Includes full membership benefits at a reduced membership rate. Click here for a list of countries eligible for the developing country rate.