Call for the ED&I Student Award Nomination
The Society for Clinical Trials' (SCT) Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (ED&I) is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for the 2022 ED&I Student Award. One of the many goals of the ED&I Committee is to promote a diverse SCT membership. To that end, we welcome applicants currently pursuing graduate or professional degrees in epidemiology, clinical fields (e.g. medicine, nursing, pharmacy), biostatistics, statistics, data science, and computer science with an interest in pursuing careers in clinical trials.
Each award will cover meeting registration, a one-year SCT membership, and up to $1600 for travel and hotel expenses to attend the 2022 SCT Annual Meeting (May 15-18, 2022) in San Diego, CA. All awardees will have the opportunity to network with the SCT leadership, members of the ED&I committee, and be recognized during the meeting.
Eligibility for this award will be guided by the definitions of race and ethnicity used by the National Institutes of Health in identifying underrepresented groups in biomedical research. As such, to be eligible, applicants must identify with at least one of the following: Black or African American, Hispanic/Latino, First Nations or Indigenous, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, other Pacific Islanders.
Qualified applicants may submit their application by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 18th, 2022.
- Institution Email Address
- A signed letter from your advisor at the institution certifying student status
- Personal statement describing
- a) your interest in pursuing a career in clinical trials and
- b) how membership in SCT and/or conference attendance will facilitate your professional development (limit 1000 words total)
- A statement indicating whether you plan to attend the annual conference in person
- Under-represented group(s) with which you identify: Black or African American, Hispanic/Latino, First Nations or Indigenous, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, other Pacific Islanders
Please note that applicants may not be current or previous members of SCT.
Awardees will be notified by April 1st, 2022.